Community

Wed
Oct

Wright County 4-H’ers have stellar year at State Horse Show

Wright County 4-H had an excellent showing at the Minnesota State 4-H Horse Show held September 14-18. A total of 683 4-H youth from across the state gathered at the Coliseum at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in St. Paul to compete in Horse Showmanship, Games, Western Pleasure, English Pleasure, Western Heritage and more. The 4-H’ers […]

Wed
Oct

It’s 4-H week

More than 6 million young people across the country will celebrate National 4-H Week Saturday, Oct. 3 through Friday, Oct. 9. During this annual event, 4-H programs across the country will showcase opportunities that 4-H offers young people, and highlight their work to make a positive impact on the community. In Wright County, 4-H clubs have […]

Wed
Oct

School support staff honored at ceremony

Three members of Maple Lake School District’s office and support staff were honored, Wednesday, Sept. 27, for the work they do to keep the schools running smoothly. Heather Haney, the activities secretary, Suzee Schaunaman an elementary school secretary and Bobbi Klimek were among 121 people from 34 school district’s honored at the River’s Edge Convention […]

Thu
Sep

Signage proposed to honor students

At its most recent meeting, Monday, September 11, the Maple Lake School Board heard details regarding a request by the Maple Lake Lions to erect a sign on school grounds listing Irish teams having earned berths in state tournaments. Representing the Lions, Scott Fobbe explained that local resident Mary Scheiber had inspired his organization to […]

Thu
Sep

In Memory september 20, 2017

The moment that you left us Our hearts were split into two One side was filled with memories The other side died with you I often lay awake at night When the world is fast asleep And take a walk down memory lane With tears upon my cheek Remembering you is easy, I do it […]

Wed
Sep

Explore 4-H Day – Learn more about 4-H

Wright County 4-H invites you to learn more about the 4-H program at an Explore 4-H Day near you. Events will be held from 2-4 p.m. on, Sunday, September 17, at the Howard Lake Community Room (617 6th Ave., Howard Lake) and St. Max Kolbe Catholic School (217 2nd St. S, Delano) and Sunday, September […]

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - News